We are looking for a quiet, clean, friendly student and we have a strict policy against smoking, drugs, or heavy drinking.
You would share a bathroom with a female VIU student.
Your room contains everything you need including a bed, desk with chair and lamp, closet, night table with alarm clock/radio, and dresser.
Some additional features of the actual house include:
- Super high speed Wi-Fi Internet (We have the highest upgraded plan: 150 Mbps download, 15 Mbps upload, 1TB of data per month, brand new upgraded modem)
- Netflix (we don't have TV/cable)
- Large back yard with garden and flowers
- BBQ area
- Front and back decks
- Located in an extremely friendly neighbourhood with nature trails nearby
- Electric bicycles (require a rental fees)
We are located in Cinnebar/Extension in South Nanaimo which is about a 9-minute drive from Vancouver Island University (VIU). There is a bus stop just an 8-minute walk away, but it does require 2 buses to get to VIU from here (about 45-50 minutes total travel time), although it is best if you have a vehicle. Alternatively, we can provide private car rides to and from VIU for a fee.
We have a very friendly Golden Retriever who is a part of the family so you must be okay with dogs and dog hair (we vaccuum constantly, but he's a golden retriever and they shed a lot).
One of us works from a home office and the other works casual shifts at the hospital so at least one of us is home almost all the time. We currently have a 24-year-old female student upstairs as well.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Hide more